‘Show Me Your Boobs’, Foreign man asks Female Reporter

‘Show Me Your Boobs’, Foreign man asks Female Reporter
Dec 27, 2013 By eChinacities.com

More Photos >>

A very unfortunate incident took place on Christmas Eve which is sure to leave the already tainted image of foreigner even more so. A news reporter, Miss Wang, from the Hubei Economic TV Station was sent out to the streets near Huazhong Normal University where many foreigners are students, and tasked with asking a few of them to say a Christmas message.

It was going very smoothly until she approached three men who appear to have started the celebrations early. One of the men grabbed the hand of Miss Wang which was holding the microphone, held it to his mouth and said ‘I love you, I love you, show me your boobs’. Miss Wang was very upset by the incident, as was the online Chinese community with some calling for the deportation of the offender.

The video which shows the incident has gone viral on Youku and includes a dramatization of the event which fuels the fire of anger against the foreigner. This is a sad day for foreigners in China who try to keep the image of visitors to the country clean.

Source: ifeng

Keywords: Show me your boobs says foreigner to local news reporter

adodisco123

Thank God. he isnt black

Jan 26, 2014 01:10 Report Abuse

Benjamin321

I think the world will be a better place if we do not take drunk guys talking about boobs too seriously.

Jan 25, 2014 17:39 Report Abuse

Mr.BlahBlah

Not all laowai's are dickheads, and also, was this guy european?Americans, Aussies and brits know that love is not about showing someone boobs.I'm still laughing like beavis and butthead though.

Jan 08, 2014 22:26 Report Abuse

nazeer

I think this issue about a person and do not need to blame a persons country for such act. The guys were drunk is another fact need to consider here. I also think this act as a Demonizing act or Defaming Act. A guy or few guys mistake doesn't need to bring such statement "foreigner again proving ????".

Jan 08, 2014 21:23 Report Abuse

Wow, what an unbelievable scandal! The military should be activated and all foreigners should be pushed out of this country or deportated to re-education camps.

Jan 07, 2014 06:33 Report Abuse

Thomas69

I am just curious why they needed a video re-enactment of something caught on video? You would think the original would be worse but they seemed to have added quite a bit more than really happened. As for deportation that seems way too harsh. Fine him for public drunkenness and have him apologise to the reporter. Really this habit of deporting everyone for anything is just ridiculous. Like being in China is such a privilege that it is the ultimate punishment to be thrown out.

Jan 06, 2014 10:18 Report Abuse

ritchy555

This type of article is pure propaganda. This constant attempt by the Chinese media to portray international males as over sexed is becoming ridiculous. Is this type of article a reflection of the jealousy imbedded in men in China? Why were the media at the university going there to single out international males? Why not go and ask Chinese students to say a Christmas comment? I think that it is becoming advisable to tell Chinese media to "go away" when they approach international citizens. It is also very disappointing to see the Chinese and their media outlets constantly using the word "foreigner" towards people visiting China or the desire to go to China will decline rapidly. It is most unusual to hear the Chinese media referring to international citizens as "foreigners" while they actually fully fail to see just who is the real "foreigner" for the global community.

Jan 03, 2014 22:31 Report Abuse

I think this guys really seems to be insane and really freak. This kind of foreigner should not be allowed to enter in any country and put in prison

Jan 03, 2014 17:49 Report Abuse

FHJZ

such a shameful fuking scumbag..the reporter should report to the police.

Jan 03, 2014 10:30 Report Abuse

machtoodis

Here's it in a nutshell. It's their world. We are just passing through.

Dec 31, 2013 15:20 Report Abuse

coineineagh

I like to quote one of the foundiong fathers on this: "My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." But over here it's more like: "My country is China. My religion is China. My world is China. Alien invasion! Repel the Laowainese!!!"

Jan 02, 2014 19:45 Report Abuse

WCG

mach, Eh, the Chinese just think their cool now that they have an aircraft carrier. Have you noticed how their nationalistic pride has inflated drastically? God, what a bunch of HOT AIR! Everyone is riding the wave that's been trickling down from whatever's coming out of Beijing. I want to say, "Hey, Beijing, what's with all the muscle shirts? Your arms are still like toothpicks!" Their attempt to assert their newly established Air Defense Identification Zone reminds me of a scrawny Chinese man wearing sweat bands stepping into a gym for the first time. They don't know how to steer their boats! The other seafaring nations are saying, "WTF? Who's the as*hole driving really slow in the fast lane? Learn how to drive, as*hole!"

Jan 05, 2014 23:01 Report Abuse

juanisaac

I need a camera too when I get "harassed" by the waiter at my school's canteen. Last time I was there he asked me to compare the "sexual organs" of Chinese and foreign women. I just have to take it since I can't air it anywhere in China. Sarcasm aside, I can care less. If the guy at my school wants to be stupid, I will let him. The same with this guy.

Dec 31, 2013 07:44 Report Abuse

Baivab

moron..send this SOB back..no first beat him...then send him back

Dec 30, 2013 09:33 Report Abuse

then send you back and put you in a trash bin where you belong humans make mistakes, you did never a mistake, right? right?

Dec 30, 2013 17:38 Report Abuse

carlstar

Moron? I hate this saying but.... "pot calling the kettle black".... You are a twat Baivab and i would be the first to help this guy out seeing you involved with your pea cocking internet threats.

Dec 30, 2013 19:45 Report Abuse

The-Final-Say

I don't think that people from a country famous for it's own rash of unwanted news in recent years should be suggesting a beat down on others. Who do you think you are, that reporter's knight in shining armor?

Jan 01, 2014 21:01 Report Abuse

coineineagh

get in touch with him if you can. he should be able to get a pretty penny for this slander.

Dec 30, 2013 17:32 Report Abuse

donnie3857

Now that was a smart move, just like Dave did. From what I read on this sight many Chinese reportedly hate foreigners. You just told them who he is. See what happens in the next episode of "Dave and the Reporter" Will Dave go home, or will he sue the Chinese gov't? stay tuned.

Jan 02, 2014 10:17 Report Abuse

coineineagh

yeah i was thinking the same thing donnie was. gailored, you should edit out the guys real name before some creep with malicious intent gets info on his identity. not that there's much more to be done - the guy was used to breed racial hatred: if the media gives him more airtime, it might make it clear that he is not just a foreigner but a person too, and there was a reason why he was so inappropriate. it serves chinese state media best if the guy just disappeared now. it would lessen the potency of the xenophobic narrative if he spoke out and was heard.

Jan 02, 2014 13:41 Report Abuse

wuweizea

I don't expect anyone in China to understand freedom of speech, the rule of law, or liable slander. In a country with a tradtion of the rule of law, the reporter could take the man to court and show evidence of damages to a jury of her peers and compensation could be awarded. I would say based on the video evidence there was no damage caused to the reporter. Being offended by what someone says or does is not a case to show damages. If this was true, I should have a hell of an award coming to me from all of the spitting and urinating in public places. I would say based on the inflamatory article and subsequent media hype, the man has been put at serious risk for physical harm and has an excellent case for liable slander. The reporter would rightly have to fear no harm comes to this man in a country that actually understood freedom and the rule of law.

Dec 29, 2013 14:01 Report Abuse

lightend

but that mean nasty world full of mean people keep bullying us, japan want our islands, philippians want our water, taiwan is ours, veitnam want our water, south korea want our water, india wont give us land, boohoo.. back to reality, china is starting to war monger. doesnt matter that much though, after all, last time a few japs came and kicked china where it hurts.

Dec 30, 2013 17:14 Report Abuse

Percivile

Showing respect to a woman in her "home country" or any of this crap doesn't MATTER a guy being a dick in China is the same as a guy being a dick in his home nation. Where it happened means NOTHING. The issue is the Chinese media using this as another reason to finger point at foreigners. When that Chinese guy raped his landlord in Iowa and his parents tried to bribe the police did the US media refer to him as a "foreigner" non stop? Jees, the idiocy.

Dec 29, 2013 09:59 Report Abuse

ahopkins767

Looks like someone was having a slow news day to me.

Dec 29, 2013 09:11 Report Abuse

bill8899
comment|42686|81937

Goebbels would be proud. Good use of propaganda to build hatred towards foreigners.

Dec 29, 2013 07:43 Report Abuse