A 290 Hangzhou city bus caught fire yesterday evening at an intersection in the city’s Xihu District.
The driver, Yang, opened the front door to let passengers evacuate. Nine passengers suffered from burns while trying to escape, and six others were unharmed.
District firemen rushed to the scene and extinguished the flames. A preliminary investigation found that the sudden flames had come from a battery fire.
Warning：The use of any news and articles published on eChinacities.com without written permission from eChinacities.com constitutes copyright infringement, and legal action can be taken.
Keywords: Hangzhou bus battery fire Hangzhou bus fire
All comments are subject to moderation by eChinacities.com staff. Because we wish to encourage healthy and productive dialogue we ask that all comments remain polite, free of profanity or name calling, and relevant to the original post and subsequent discussion. Comments will not be deleted because of the viewpoints they express, only if the mode of expression itself is inappropriate.
Please login to add a comment. Click here to login immediately.
I live in Hangzhou and I can PROMISE that people made a mad dash for the doors, instead of leaving in an orderly fashion. A bunch of people were probably knocked out by flying elbows at the door. The bus etiquette in this country is truly horrifying.
Sep 21, 2015 08:27 Report Abuse