Great news for all of you PRD gourmands out there—2012 Restaurant Week is finally making its Guangzhou debut on September 3-9! For those of you who don't know, restaurant week is an international multi-city event that seeks to give people the opportunity to sample a variety of signature dishes from restaurants in their area that they may otherwise not be aware of (or be able to afford) through heavily discounted set lunch and dinner menus. This year, restaurants participating in Guangzhou Restaurant Week will offer 3-course set lunches starting from 68 RMB and 3-course set dinners starting from 178 RMB. The event is perfect for anyone out there who's ever wanted to sample some of the best international cuisine that Guangzhou's pricier restaurants have to offer on a more modest price scale.
In order to better manage the mad-dash craziness that could come from expensive restaurants offering heavily discounted meals, reservations are required for all establishments participating in Guangzhou Restaurant Week 2012. To better manage the reservation process, restaurant reservation platform, DiningCity.com, recently launched its official Guangzhou Restaurant Week website (www.restaurantweek.cn), where you'll find detailed information on each of the participating restaurants, as well as a convenient online reservation system. Booking has been available since August 14, so if you're interested in hitting up any of these restaurants, you'll want to act fast before they all get snatched up (popular restaurants in other participating cities often sell out within just a few days).
Several of the participating restaurants have already released their special Restaurant Week menus. Below is a sampling of five restaurants that are likely to be big winners this year:
1) Vaastu lunch set menu (68 RMB)View In Map
- Your choice of Vegetable Samosa - crisp flaky triangular pastry filled with spiced vegetables and herbs or Chicken Tikka Afghan - tender, juicy chicken pieces marinated in mild spices or Lamb Seekh Kebab - succulent boneless chunks of tender lamb or Paneer Tikka Tandoori -
florets of broccoli marinated in spices
- Your choice of Chicken Tikka Masala - succulent boneless pieces of chicken, grilled in tandoor & simmered in uniquely spiced tomato gravy or Lamb Rogan Josh - select lamb pieces cooked in uniquely spiced gravy of onion and saffron or Vegetable Kofta Curry - dumplings of mix vegetables cooked in tomato and onion gravy or Dal Makhani - red beans and lentils simmered overnight in tomatoes and herbs with a touch of butter or Dal Tadka - blend of yellow lentil tempered with ginger, garlic and chili.
- Plain naan and steamed Basmati rice or local steamed rice.
- Malai/Mango Kulfi - homemade Indian ice cream with milk and mango.
- Your choice of mango lassi, soft drink or Dole 100% Juice.
Add: 13-15, 475 Huanshi Dong Lu, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou (near Tianhe Lu)
Tel: 020 3825 8181
Opening hours: 11:00-15:00
2) La Seine lunch set menu (98 RMB)View In Map
- Gratinated onion soup - a classic French onion soup accompanied by a soft cheese.
- Your choice of Fois-gras tagliatelles - a rich and smooth authentic foie-gras together with tagliatelles or Boletus & tarragon braised veal - a succulent veal accompanied by refreshing and healthy boletus.
- Crème brûlée - a rich custard base topped with a contrasting layer of hard caramel.
- Coffee or tea
Add: G/F Xinghai Concert Hall, 33 Qingbo Lu, Ersha Island, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou
Tel: 020 8735 2531
Opening hours: 11:00-14:30 (lunch); 17:00-23:30 (dinner)
3) Buongiorno Italian Restaurant dinner set menu (178 RMB)View In Map
- Your choice of la bruschetta al pomodoro - toasted bread slices with chopped tomato seasoned with oregano, basil, salt and Extra Virgin Olive Oil or il tortino di verdure grigliate con ricotta -
a grilled vegetable tart with ricotta cheese or la crema di porcini – a creamy porcini mushroom soup with toasted bread cubes.
- Your choice of le penne alla norma – a spicy summer dish of tube shaped pasta with eggplants, tomato sauce and ricotta cheese or i bucatini alle vongole e zucca – a delicate pasta dish with pumpkin and clams or i tagliolini al salmone fresco –hand made egg noodles with creamy fresh salmon sauce.
- Your choice of filettino di maiale al moscato e composta di cipolle - cooked pork medallions in sweet wine (moscato) with onion marmalade or l'orata all'acqua pazza - Acqua Pazza sea bream cooked in white wine and herbs.
Add: 3F, Yian Plaza, 33 Jianshe Liuma Lu, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou (near Huanshi Zhong Lu)
Tel: 020 8363 3587
Opening hours: 17:30-22:30
4) EDGE dinner set menu (238 RMB)View In Map
- Your choice of meze plate, roast beetroot puree, feta, smoked aubergine, sweet peppers and olives or six south Australian oysters, lime and piquant sauce or steamed Tasmanian blue mussels and white wine sauce.
- Your choice of spaghetti puttanesca, yellowfin tuna steak and salsa verde or roast Atlantic salmon fillet, skordalia, kalamatta olives and sweet red pepper sauce or 12-hour braised Canadian beef rib, mashed potatoes and braised fennel.
- Your choice of chocolate cake, chocolate sorbet, blueberry curd and vanilla ice cream or crème brûlée, almond wafer, blueberries and poached cherries or pineapple-coconut sorbet, topical fruits and crisp ginger.
Add: 2F, 26 Jianshe Sima Lu, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou
Tel: 020 8458 8526
Opening hours: 15:30-23:00
5) Prime Steakhouse dinner set menu (238 RMB)View In Map
- Duo of crispy fried soft shell crab and tender grilled sea scallops on wasabi pea puree.
- Your choice of grilled beef tenderloin, pinot noir reduction, baked baby potato with fresh herbs and braised vine tomatoes or cod fish in thyme infused vegetable tea, rucola pesto and young potatoes.
- Dark cherry strudel, organic honey sabayon and pistachio ice cream.
Add: 4F, China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel, Guangzhou, 122 Liuhua Lu,Yuexiu District, Guangzhou (near Jiefang Bei Lu)
Tel: 020 8666 6888 ext 3468
Opening hours: 18:00-22:00
Sign up a free account and receive the free career advice from other expats.Sign up with Google Sign up with Facebook Already have an account? Sign in.
Warning：The use of any news and articles published on eChinacities.com without written permission from eChinacities.com constitutes copyright infringement, and legal action can be taken.
Keywords: Guangzhou restaurant week 2012 Guangzhou restaurant discounts 2012 best western food in Guangzhou best foreign restaurants Guangzhou
All comments are subject to moderation by eChinacities.com staff. Because we wish to encourage healthy and productive dialogue we ask that all comments remain polite, free of profanity or name calling, and relevant to the original post and subsequent discussion. Comments will not be deleted because of the viewpoints they express, only if the mode of expression itself is inappropriate.
Please login to add a comment. Click here to login immediately.