Metro Groper Loses Job, Kicked Out of the Party

Metro Groper Loses Job, Kicked Out of the Party
Jul 09, 2014 By eChinacities.com

A man who was filmed groping a woman’s thigh whilst pretending to be asleep has been stripped of his party membership and fired. The 38 year old man was also put under administrative detention.

The now infamous clip shows the man, surnamed Wang, first gawking at the woman, then casually reaching over to touch her on Metro Line 9 on June 29. When she turns around to look at him he closes his eyes and leans his head against the barrier as though asleep.

Netizens were outraged by the video and conducted a ‘human flesh search’-internet slang for when netizens work together to discover someone’s identity- revealing the man to be Wang Qikang, an executive at the state-run Jinjiang Shanghai Travel Agency.

Unfortunately, the search also revealed his wife’s personal details and she has been suffering harassment and abusive phone calls as a result.

Keywords: Metro Groper Loses Job Kicked Out of the Party

The saddest part of the article is that the groper's wife is being harrased.

May 13, 2016 07:49 Report Abuse

he got a new job as a PE instructor...

May 13, 2016 03:29 Report Abuse

Harpo

Women complain that they are often objectified. I think that's a bunch of nonsense, but one time I asked this feminist what "objectification" means. She said its when someone does not consider the other person to have thoughts or feelings. It was funny, by her definition, women who dress provocatively without caring for how men will feel about it are objectifying men. Lets stop male objectification. Women cover your booties in public. That being said, no one should be groping anyone. I wish there was video, it looks like he barely touched her.

Jul 16, 2014 11:13 Report Abuse

humbug

If women say they are being objectified, then it's probably for a reason. You aren't a woman, you don't understand how it feels, and I hope have never experienced this kind of harassment. So maybe you should listen to people who have experienced this. What is your problem anyway? As long as you don't go around sexually harassing women, then I fail to understand what your problem with women speaking out against objectification is. If you're worried that you don't know what constitutes sexual harassment then just think, if you would like some guy to treat your mother, sister, daughter or niece like that. If the answer is no then you shouldn't be doing it.

Jul 16, 2014 11:29 Report Abuse

Harpo

I just think its sort of hypercritical to claim they are being objectified when its women who sexualize themselves with makeup, revealing outfits, plastic surgery etc. It shouldn't be viewed as objectification if men take notice of all the work women put in to make men notice them. That doesn't make sense. Maybe the man that notices the women isn't the one she was hoping for, but that's the risk she takes when she dresses like that. I also have a problem with "sexual harassment." Its way to vague. In some places if you just step up to a chick and show your interest they mite consider that sexual harassment. Oh and I've had girls I dint know grab my ass on more then one occasion at the bar and I dint run to the police. So yes I have been "sexually assaulted" before.

Jul 16, 2014 12:31 Report Abuse

humbug

If you show your interest by talking to her in a polite way, then that isn't sexual harassment. If you show your interest by grabbing her, then that is sexual harassment. Those girls who grabbed you were also sexually harassing you. Doesn't make this man's behaviour any better. It's very simple. Just be polite. don't say overtly sexual things to people you don't know, and don't touch girls on the subway. These are not vague concepts. Yes there are much more subtle forms of sexual harassment but this is a good basis to start from. If the way that you are 'stepping up to a chick' and showing your interest can be construed as sexual harassment, then maybe you should change the way you approach women.

Jul 16, 2014 15:34 Report Abuse

Harpo

The don't say overtly sexual things definitely falls into the vague category. It all depends on the woman's perspective. Whats sexual harassment to one mite be a turn on to another. I agree groping is wrong and I've never done it, but its really not that big a deal. I was able to laugh it off.

Jul 16, 2014 16:23 Report Abuse

sorrel

Guys who grope/assault women will use any excuse to diminish their responsibility for their actions and to 'justify' what they do: "she was asking for it" etc. They will still do it even if a woman is FULLY covered - and it does happen, hence the provision in some countries of women only train carriages. Age is no deterrent either to be the recipient of such unwanted attentions. And they are UNWANTED. The sole question such men probably ask themselves is "can i get away with it?". Reducing groping to a "joke" opens the door to saying that women are unimportant and fair game. Probably extreme, but it is a slippery slope as to what becomes an 'acceptable' way to treat strangers.

Jul 16, 2014 03:59 Report Abuse

Stiggs

Trebek, we are lucky enough to live in a society where it's deemed unacceptable to take something that isn't yours just because you like it, or to grope another person just because you are attracted to them.There is the expectation that people will control their urge to break these rules, or be held accountable as society sees fit. Whether you agree or not that's how it is.It doesn't matter what the girl was wearing,in this case it was the same thing thousands of fashionable girls wear in summer.At some point someone will be attracted to her but it's up to that someone to show some restraint.The guy broke society's rules and now he's being held accountable. Seems fair to me.

Jul 15, 2014 15:42 Report Abuse

If the home was full of money and there was a sign out front that said "Hey world look at my beautiful money"! Then yes, I would be asking for robbery. And Lord (is that really your real name), watch the lingo ok, this is a family website.

Jul 15, 2014 13:24 Report Abuse

Haha shit, you're a creepy metro groper aren't you? There's no other explanation as to why you'd so passionately defend touching women up on the subway.

Jul 15, 2014 16:35 Report Abuse

Sorrel/Hanson, where do you draw the line on dressing appropriately? Those cheeks were showing. Would you want your mother dressing that way in the subway? Women dress that way in order to get attention from men. I enjoy watching the spectacle of hot chicks here. But they are asking for trouble.. just sayin'.. but im sure you two "beauties" could good away with it w/o any problems.

Jul 14, 2014 17:30 Report Abuse

Lord_hanson

You do realise I am a guy right? I agree the shorts are very short but she could be naked and he still doesn't have the right to touch her.

Jul 14, 2014 18:18 Report Abuse

Correct MS Hanson no one has the right to touch each other. But why entice people to touch it, then have them thrown into prison for it? Maybe the Groper needs counseling but now his life is pretty much over.. Poor Groper, do you harpies have no compassion for others?

Jul 15, 2014 11:10 Report Abuse

Lord_hanson

yes, thank you. I knew you would fuck up sooner or later. The guests username is Trebek. Your logic is flawed anyway Trebek. It is like a thief justifying a burgulary by saying that the home shouldn't have hadexpensive items in it.

Jul 15, 2014 12:30 Report Abuse

If the girl is a plain clothes cop dressing like that to catch potential offenders then it is police work. If you are not a cop carrying out her duties and dress "to kill", knowingly seducing people who normally wouldn't touch you without your permission, then this act may fall under the category of ENTRAPMENT which is a completely different thing. If you are not a plain clothes cop on duty to catch potential offenders nor a hooker looking for customers, why foolishly place yourself into the dubious position of entrapment?

Jul 14, 2014 16:28 Report Abuse

nzteacher80

A man touched a woman's thigh. He was caught on camera. You shoudn't touch people without their permission, especially their thighs, no matter how lovely the thigh in question is. Sexual harassment happens all over the world and should be condemned. We shouldn't judge all Chinese men by the actions of one, or even a few. Chinese men have never touched my thighs - although my thighs aren't quite so lovely. Meanwhile, in a tent in south Sudan, a small girl quietly starves to death. And so it goes...

Jul 13, 2014 10:13 Report Abuse

Basque

Well, I think being a kids teacher in China is the same as being a clown. Not accepting teaching jobs unless it's for adults.

Jul 13, 2014 03:39 Report Abuse

Guest626460, your comment is a bit racist the other direction. Many foreign teachers here get paid more than they do in their home countries for less work. Others have degrees in English or Literature and the only countries they can get jobs are outside their English speaking countries. I do however agree with your point that visitors to China should respect the Chinese or leave. Maybe Sorrel (whatever her real name is) should go to Saudi Arabia and try wearing those shorts she likes so much. Saudi is hiring Sorrel.

Jul 12, 2014 22:10 Report Abuse

Lord_hanson

You are trying to compare someone going to Saudi Arabia and disrespecting their culture with someone molesting a woman because she is wearing shorts. Why is disliking someone who sexually harrasses women racist? Do you know what the word racist means? You also mentioned some pathetic statement that I am just jealous that I don't get touched. I am quite happy I don't get touched up by guys on the subway. Your points that the woman was asking for it are ridiculous. You claim it was a joke and that you wouldn't joke if it was a more serious assualt, why? She was asking for it right? Surely she was fair game to all the men on the train. They could have had a gang bang. She would have deserved it for wearing shorts in summer.

Jul 14, 2014 11:22 Report Abuse

Sorrel, you claim to not be anonymous is a joke "Sorrel" is that your last name or your full name? Provide your REAL first and last name please. And yes, those who expose their butt cheeks should not complain if someone gropes. Just like if I walk around with a 100 yuan note hanging out of my pocket I would expect someone to snatch it (no pun intended). And no, if she was seriously assaulted no jokes would be made. Maybe the married guy had a wife that was built like you? Ever think of that?

Jul 12, 2014 21:57 Report Abuse

sorrel

LOL. Silly me for forgetting that men were the real victims in all of this. Clearly all women should be wrapped up like dumplings to ensure that they don’t tempt some poor weak man who has no self-control. And it is charming that you equate the way a woman dresses with 100 RMB. Your suggestion that I should go to a country where women are treated with less respect than in China: WOW, what can I say to that other that I have learnt how much you value women? LOL: You are a truly enlightened gent. Regarding anonymity: I could have responded as ‘guest 123456’ or whatever, as you chose to do, but I didn’t.

Jul 13, 2014 00:25 Report Abuse

sorrel

LOL. only a joke? well, that's ok then. We can all laugh at our foolishness for caring about how people treat each other in public. And the subsequent comments you made were also jokes then? LOL. When people 'joke' about something like groping women on public transport, and the more you reduce it to a "play", the more you "normalize" certain behaviour. Thankfully groping is not as serious as some crimes against women. Just think about how many more jokes you could have made if she had been assaulted! And you are SO brave by remaining anonymous. LOL. I'm sure your mother is so proud of you.

Jul 12, 2014 14:50 Report Abuse

Lord_hanson

So are you implying that trolling is sophisticated?

Jul 14, 2014 11:13 Report Abuse

And Sorrel/Hanson whoever you two twants are, the guess is two fargly old undesirable carnts who nobody really wants. But keep your racism to your fellow countrymen! Stop the hating on the Chinese folks. If you don't like the Chinese then why stay here? I like the Chinese. Thats why I stay.

Jul 11, 2014 23:05 Report Abuse