French Man’s Organs Save 4 Lives in China

French Man’s Organs Save 4 Lives in China
Feb 27, 2015 By eChinacities.com

The organs of a 22-year-old French man who tragically died in Hangzhou in last week have saved the lives of 4 Chinese people in desperate need of donations.

The young man’s parents returned to France yesterday but first contacted China’s Red Cross to request that their son’s organs be donated to medicine.

Xiao Ao, as he was known among friends, came to China to study Mandarin earlier this year. He was involved in a serious accident on February 17 that left him seriously brain damaged.

He died a week later in a Hangzhou hospital. His liver, kidneys and lungs were donated.

Xiao’s parents, who didn’t wish to reveal his real name, said: “He loves China. This way, he can stay there forever.”

Source: thepaper.cn

Keywords: French Man’s Organs Save 4 Lives in China

GuestBob

The picture used in this article is from another story about organ donation which was recently reported. Images of this nature should not be treated as clipart.

Mar 06, 2015 16:02 Report Abuse

Some family members of chinese patients who want to get organs should also donate their organs so that more people can benefit from organ donations in china. I think cruelty and self centrism are distinct characteristics of many Chinese people.

Mar 02, 2015 16:01 Report Abuse

coineineagh

If it becomes known during your latest hospital visit that you have the correct blood type for certain moneyed patients on the waiting list, and that you are an organ donor... I shudder to think what will happen.

Mar 01, 2015 16:19 Report Abuse

Irfan100

very impresive .....

Mar 01, 2015 14:37 Report Abuse

tbh66

Tragedy, however his parents respectful to donate. Good example of unselfishness

Mar 01, 2015 13:51 Report Abuse

MyChina01

So much negativity by the same select few idiots who never have anything good to say about China. Here we have a man who tragically lost his life, had a deep love for China, and his family did one of the sweetest things a family can do. Donated his organs. And, as usual, a few degenerates have to blaspheme the goodness of this act by injecting barbs of hate-speech and second-guessing the attitude of the goo Chinese people. You think if you're not rich you can't pay to go to the "head of the line" in western countries??? Maybe I should remind you of the late Larry Hagman who got THREE livers, all because he was rich, and still wound up dying!! It always amazes me how quickly you will condemn the Chinese for possibly doing something people in western countries have been doing for decades!! I beseech you to take your mother's advice: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything to say at all." To Xiao Ao's family, as a foreigner in China, and another who loves China deeply and will support her always, I say thank you for this enormous gesture, condolences for your loss, and may the recipients of your son's organs live another 100 years!

Mar 01, 2015 10:15 Report Abuse

Lord_hanson

Mychina01, I was taught to speak out when I see injustices. I am not complaining about the actions of Xiao Ao's family. I am talking about the corrupt system in general. You are naive if you think I tolerate this happening in the west too. You know when you act as the mouthpiece for the CCP you are hurting the Chinese people, right? You seem to think people who complain about China have a dislike for the nation. I can't speak for anyone else but I don't. It is because I like China I get annoyed with the crap andidiots like you who want to pat people on the back for being mediocre. China is a nation with huge amounts of resources and talent and because of lack of governance it is a second rate country. So yes I do complain about China a lot because I care about it and the people need a kick up the arse to do things. Your the type of idiot who wants the status quo, well guess what? I don't, I want something better for China.

Mar 01, 2015 17:52 Report Abuse

MyChina01

1) I was not identifying you in particular, Hanson, but perhaps my comment struck close to home for you, so you felt necessary to take offense. Good. 2) It is well established that those who have nothing valuable to add to a debate will resort to name-calling and insults to compensate for a feeble and immature mind. Thank you for proving this to be true. 3) I am not, as you assume (and I'm hoping you understand what happens when you assume), speaking for the CCP, or any other government organization. It is typical of small-minded foreigners like yourself to label anyone who actually cares about China and what the government is doing as a "CCP spokesperson." 4) I, much more than you, care enormously for China, have invested heavily in my life in China, and will sacrifice my life for the betterment of China, which includes defending her from all enemies, foreign and domestic, including you. I have never once heard you say anything constructive or congratulatory about China, however, in fairness to you, I will admit I stopped reading your drivel some time ago, as it reminds me too much of the airheads a person hears on FOX "News." Maybe it's time you realized that ANYONE can complain, and usually it is the people who will never lift a finger to change anything in China, you will simply spew hate-speech and trash-talk about all of the things that happen here, belittling the Chinese people. You, in fact, are the one doing harm to the Chinese people. You should stop criticizing them, trashing their country, and generally spreading the right-wing propaganda you love to chastise China for committing, when the western countries of the world have been doing this for decades. In closing, this is China, not your country. They do things here the way THEY want to do them, not the way you, or any other idiot, wants them to. And they don't care if you like it or not. If you don't like it, either accept it or get out. But one ting I can guarantee you: if all you can do is badmouth China, the good Chinese people don't want you here, no matter your motive.

Mar 01, 2015 22:09 Report Abuse

Lord_hanson

Willing to sacrifice your life for the betterment of China. Thank you, I like a good chuckle before bed. If you ever loose your job you should check out Russiatoday. They will need more putinbots if the guy is still in power.

Mar 01, 2015 23:12 Report Abuse

MyChina01

It's "Lose," not "Loose." And I'm sure it's a good laugh for you, because I'm certain that risking your life for anything you believe in is too high a price because you could never believe in anything so dearly.

Mar 02, 2015 22:51 Report Abuse

Lord_hanson

Perhaps the guy isn't a native speaker. Mychina01, what is your opinion on the police doing nothing about the woman who was imprisoned for 5 years?

Mar 03, 2015 06:53 Report Abuse

MyChina01

I was referring to your use of the word "Loose" and not "lose." And what case are you referring to? I would have to read about it, and research it, but we must also bear in mind the hundreds, if not thousands, of people -both political and non-political- wrongly imprisoned in US prisons (I purposely only refer to US prisons because I have not studied the prison populations of other western nations).

Mar 03, 2015 13:35 Report Abuse

Lord_hanson

I am curious, which university offers a course on anti-US propaganda? Have you studied the Chinese prison system too? You could do that then compare the data. I am sure we would all love to see the results of your research. Speaking of imprisonment. Today whilst eating dinner I showed my mother in law a photoshopped image of Mao with his hair blowing in the wind. After she finished laughing she commented that when she was younger people were imprisoned for things like that.

Mar 03, 2015 18:30 Report Abuse

RiriRiri

So I take it the Chinese body isn't so different after all.

Mar 01, 2015 09:50 Report Abuse

a5403895

rest in peace xiao ao

Mar 01, 2015 01:59 Report Abuse

yongge

“He loves China. This way, he can stay there forever.” What a great gesture.

Feb 28, 2015 15:15 Report Abuse

Robk

How did he die? What sort of accident happened to him? Are we talking a car accident or was he a foreigner in the wrong place at the wrong time? Very sad to hear he died so young. Respect to him and his family.

Feb 27, 2015 23:38 Report Abuse

DrMonkey

"Made in France" always carry that je ne sais quoi... That's the greatest way to live the scene. Repose en paix.

Feb 27, 2015 22:25 Report Abuse

optimalistic

thanks xiao ao, rest in peace buddy...

Feb 27, 2015 22:14 Report Abuse

What a great man and a great family.

Feb 27, 2015 20:31 Report Abuse

Guest14209148

That's awesome. I encourage everyone to donate blood, plasma and bone marrow and volunteer your organs in event of death.

Feb 27, 2015 20:21 Report Abuse

Lord_hanson

I wonder how much money the hospital made from that young mans organs?

Feb 27, 2015 19:30 Report Abuse

Guest14209148

They don't sell the organs.

Feb 27, 2015 20:22 Report Abuse

Lord_hanson

No Tominbeijing they don't sell the organs but it is common for them the hospital to take bribes from people wanting to jump the waiting list. A friend of mine told me about a family member who paid 500000RMB to get to the top of the kidney waiting list. He paid 300000RMB for the operation so his total cost was 800000RMB. So no you are right, they don't sell the organs just charge people a lot to get treated. Be careful you don't fall off your high horse, medical bills are expensive here. What annoys me is that the hospitals basically tell people "you will die while waiting for an organ... unless you give us a lot of money then you can jump ahead and someone else will die instead."

Feb 28, 2015 07:10 Report Abuse

Whats the problem with you guys ? Did't this happens in west or anywhere else in the world ? You need a beer dude... Have some respect for Boy. Try to give some good words instead taking it as a chance to spat your frustration .

Feb 28, 2015 09:46 Report Abuse