Top international business schools will be introduced to executive talent through one-to-one meetings in Beijing on Oct. 30 and Shanghai on Nov. 1 this year. If you’re thinking about doing an MBA, you should be there.
In recent years the Master of Business Administration (MBA) has become a highly valued degree, not only in business-related fields, but in areas as diverse as sports management and aviation. And rightfully so – it can be an asset for professionals who wish to give their managerial career a boost as well as for those who are looking to switch to a different field.
Even with increased opportunities for studying in all corners of the world, competition is not to be disregarded. Top MBA programs are looking for ambitious and well-prepared candidates to build a diverse student body and strong alumni network. Applicants need to be ready to invest time and effort into the application process from start to finish.
Here is why meeting attending MBA’a One-to-One event will put you ahead in the race:
1. An MBA is a Personal Commitment
Deciding to do an MBA is a matter of career, lifestyle and future development. The personality and approach of a school are important factors for MBA candidates to consider. How far different MBA programs match your expectations is easily discernible by speaking with their representatives in person.
2. Business Meetings with Business Schools
Determined MBA applicants can take the opportunity to talk with MBA representatives one-on-one. You can find out which business schools will enable you to reach your personal and professional goals. MBA meetings also allow applicants to receive feedback on how competitive it is to get admitted to the school.
3. 20 Constructive Minutes
Access to MBA’s One-to-One event enables professionals to meet the representatives of schools that were carefully selected to correspond to their professional background and expectations. The school and the MBA candidate are already familiar with one another and each 20-minute meeting is spent discussing the topics that matter the most.
4. Gain an Admissions Advantage
One-to-One MBA event participants get a sneak preview of their chances for admission by asking the right questions and putting forward their best presentation skills.
5. Real-time Professional Guidance
Getting an MBA degree is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and MBA applicants appreciate expert advice. Before, after and in-between the business school meetings, event visitors can receive free MBA consulting on any aspect of MBA selection, GMAT preparation, funding options, and MBA application strategies to help guarantee a successful business education investment.
Among the top-ranked, and thus most competitive, business schools participating in the Beijing and Shanghai Access MBA events are:
University of San Diego
IESE, Manchester Business School
University of Cambridge
Why consider an MBA?
• Studying for an MBA will allow you not only learn valuable business skills, but also network with knowledgeable and successful professionals in the industry.
• A greater percentage of companies in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the United States plan to hire MBA graduates in 2017 compared to those who did so in 2016. US-based companies plan to offer recent MBA graduates a starting median base salary of USD 110,000 in 2017, up from USD 105,000 in 2016. (GMAC, Corporate Recruiters Survey Report, 2017)
• Eighty-six percent of surveyed corporate recruiters who work directly with participating graduate business schools plan to hire recent MBA graduates in 2017. (GMAC, Corporate Recruiters Survey Report, 2017)
• Despite political uncertainty about the status of immigration and work visa programs, companies in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the US are staying the course with plans to hire international graduate business candidates. (GMAC, Corporate Recruiters Survey Report, 2017)
Online registration is free of charge. By registering at least 10 days before the MBA event, participants will receive a profile evaluation and a personalized consultation to identify the most suitable business schools at the event.
Warning：The use of any news and articles published on eChinacities.com without written permission from eChinacities.com constitutes copyright infringement, and legal action can be taken.
Keywords: MBA event China MBA China
All comments are subject to moderation by eChinacities.com staff. Because we wish to encourage healthy and productive dialogue we ask that all comments remain polite, free of profanity or name calling, and relevant to the original post and subsequent discussion. Comments will not be deleted because of the viewpoints they express, only if the mode of expression itself is inappropriate.
Please login to add a comment. Click here to login immediately.